Kalimpong Industrial Training Center (ITC) at 11th Mile Kalimpong
• The Industrial Training Centre (ITC in short) of Kalimpong, shorter version of Industrial Training Institute is located at the 11th Mile of the Kalimpong Town. It was established in 1966.
• Presently it is situated in a rented building of about 6,600 sq. ft. Area. It is not yet fully upgraded to ITI.
• The examination is based on Semester System- First Semester-From August to February and 2nd Semester-From February to August.
• Contact– firstname.lastname@example.org
• Training on two trade is imparted- Carpentry and Wireman. The Notice of admission is published in Newspaper and Office Notice Board. The Institute holds own examination for selecting students.
• Carpentry- Course duration is of 1 year. Tuition fee is Rs. 30/- per month for 12 months. Presently 1st Semester is going on. Mostly students come from plains for Carpentry as it is the single Carpentry teaching ITC of North Bengal. The existing strength is 5 though it has a capacity of 21. Admission for same has been completed in 2017.
• Wireman- Duration is of 2 years. Capacity-21. Existing strength-21. Admission is taken once in two years. Current batch is in 1st year and entered in 2017. Tuition fee is Rs. 30/- per month for 24 months. Presently 1st Semester is going on.
• A new ITI will be constructed at Delo shortly. The land has been identified. The proposal has been sent. The concerned Deptt. is formalising the matters.
a. Four part time teachers are there.
b. Four Non-teaching staff are also there. All are full time regular.
c. Salary is now disbursed by GTA. The Principal, Tung ITI, Dist- Darjeeling is in-charge of this ITC.
d. Mode of Examination- Semester system has been in operation. 1st Semester- August to January and 2nd Semester- February to July. Examination is taken at the end of each semester.
• Governing Body–
a. Sub-Divisional Officer- President
b. Hon’ble MLA, Kalimpong A.
c. as Memberc. Principal- Member Secretary
d. Representative of local industry as Member (Presently held by Sri Sonam Bhutia)
e. Representative of Director of Industrial Training- as Member
f. Chairman, Kalimpong Municipality- as Member
g. GM, DIC as Member
h. One Teaching Staff as Member